Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks



"Emma, you threw my sister through hurricane-proof glass.” ~Galen (Prince of the Syrena)

I love to read mermaid books in the summer. My first mermaid book of the summer was Of Poseidon by Anna Banks.

Of Poseidon:
In a kingdom under the sea live the Syrena.  Merfolk if you will.  Galen is the youngest of the Syrena princes and is an ambassador.  He is sent above water, to the land, to find a girl he was told can communicate with fish.  

Emma is on vacation with her best friend in Florida when she runs into Galen and his twin sister on the beach.  This book had me hooked (no pun intended) from the first two pages!  It starts off fun and fast!  After a tragic encounter involving a shark, Emma is not sure she wants to be friends with fish much less believing that she may hold the key to the Syrenan Kingdom.

Told in alternating points of view, which I love!  You are able to get into the minds of both characters Emma and Galen.  This story has it all, mystery, humor, tragedy and romance.

My only complaint is Part 2 isn't out until next summer. :(













 




No comments:

Post a Comment