Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2012

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare


"Though no official cause of death has been released by the coroner's office, the deli owner who found the body, Michael Garza says, her throat was cut open.  Police have not yet located a weapon..."

The reason I picked the above quote is because "Michael Garza" is my son!  I won an auction a few years ago and his name was mentioned in the book!  YAY!!!  :)


With The Mortal Wars now over, Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. So who is murdering Shadowhunters in Valentine’s name?  

Cassie Clare knows her craft!  Her books lure me into a world I wish I could lived in!  I am always left wanting more!  I could never get enough of Jace, Simon, Alec and Magnus and Clary and Isabelle are strong female characters who have their own brains and stand up for themselves.   The world she created in the Mortal Instruments is addicting!  It is torture to wait year after year for the next installment!!  There was a two year break between City of Glass (2009) to City of Angels (2011) and we mega-fans felt it.  Luckily, City of Angels was worth the wait.  It did not disappoint and was full of twists and turns, some shocking, some pleasant only the way Ms. Clare can spin it.  

This story, picks up right after City of Glass ends and the reader is given a summary of what has happened. We are given the story through the eyes of Jace, Clary and Simon!  I love that Simon finally has his day! I love Jace, of course, but Simon is my favorite character and I am happy he is finally given the attention I feel he has always deserved! 

This book could be read as a standalone novel but it is my recommendation to read the first three that way you will be up to date and know exactly what has transpired in this world thus far.

City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass 
All excellent, excellent reads!!

A movie is in the works now!  Casting is complete and filming starts August 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment